- 6 bananas
- 1 package of vanilla wafers
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 handful’s worth of maraschino cherries
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (1 package)
- 2 cups of sugar (confectioner’s)
- 12 ounces of whipped cream / whipped topping (Frozen or from a can, or homemade)
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
Here are the preparation instructions:
- Crush the vanilla wafers into crumbs.
- Combine the margarine along with the crushed wafers in a medium sized baking pan and pat them down.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and the cream cheese and beat it until it’s fluffy and light.
- Spread this mixture over the margarine and wafer combination in your baking pan.
- Now it’s time for the fruity layers, start by spooning the pineapples over the top of the cream cheese and then add a layer of sliced bananas. Drain the juice from the can of pineapples beforehand. You can have two thick layers, or multiple thin layers, it’s completely up to you. You may even want to add some slices of orange.
- The last layer is the whipped cream.
- Finally, top it all off with walnuts and cherries.
I told you we were going to make the best of these calories, didn’t I? This delicious cake recipe only takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare, and it doesn’t require any baking. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look gorgeous on the first try because with banana splits, it’s all about digging in. You can also include some ice cream either along with, or instead of the cream. I also mentioned that you may want to include oranges, chocolate chips, sprinkles, syrup on top, peanuts and there’s really an endless amount of toppings you could add to make this recipe your own.