Banana cake recipe are very simple yet delicious and moist on the inside and make the perfect dessert. Given below is an interesting variation of the popular banana cake in the form of a banana pudding cake recipe, which is served with a glossy glaze that adds to the taste.
– 1 box (18.25oz) yellow cake mix
– 1 pack instant pudding mix (we recommend banana flavored, but you can use your favorite pudding mix)
– 3/4 cup peeled and mashed bananas
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 4 eggs at room temperature
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup water
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan, or you can also use a Bundt pan.
– Open the packet of yellow cake mix and pour the contents in a large bowl.
– Add the pudding mix contents to this and mix well.
– Make a well in the center and break in the eggs, one by one.
– Use an electric beater at high speed to mix the eggs with the cake and pudding mix.
– Add the mashed bananas, vegetable oil and water. Beat at low speed for about 4 minutes.
– Pour the prepared batter in the pan and shake the pan slightly to remove the air bubbles.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Remove from the oven and let the cake cool for about 15 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. While the cake cools you can prepare the glaze.
– Mix the milk, sugar and vanilla and whip the mix well till you get a drizzling consistency.
– Drizzle the glaze on the cooled cake in a circular fashion.
Garnish with the chopped walnuts and let it cool a little before serving.
Tips: If you don’t like the cake mix in the market, you can make your own low-fat cake mix.
– 7 1/2 cups flour
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 4 1/2 cups sugar (you can use powdered sugar too)
– 2 tablespoons baking powder
– 3/4 cup cold butter
Method: (This recipe will make 3 x 18.5oz cakes.)
– Take 5 1/2 cups of flour in a bowl and add the salt, sugar and baking powder, and combine well.
– Cut the butter in small cubes and add the rest of the flour to it.
– In a food processor, blend the flour and butter mix till it is very fine and without any lumps.
– Add this mix to the dry flour mix and blend well.
– Divide in 3 equal parts and store each part in an airtight bag or jar.
– This cake mix will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.