A child’s first birthday is a cause for celebration for all parents and guardians as they have survived the first year of parenthood unscathed. It’s quite a personal affair so you need to choose the right chocolate cake recipe for this. More importantly, you need to choose the right theme or motif to decorate your cake with. I highly recommend this First Birthday Cake Recipes that will surely please both adults and children. It’s very easy to make plus the decorations can either be store-bought or home-crafted according to your taste and budget. Have a happy birthday party!
– 2 cups cake flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 3 tbs. cocoa or chocolate powder, unsweetened
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 whole egg
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. instant decaffeinated coffee (to consider the kids who will partake)
– 6 tbs. palm or canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
– 1 tsp. vanilla flavor extract
– 1 cup cold water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with non-stick spray, or brush thinly with oil.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, decaf, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix the batter. Do not beat.
- Pour in the cup of cold water and mix until evenly blended.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, so the sides will not stick to the pan, before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.
– 1 regular pack of cream cheese
– 1/3 cup fresh butter
– 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor extract
– 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
– food coloring for trimming
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Continue beating while adding the butter and scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of frosting for the pipe trimmings.
- Spread frosting evenly over the cooled cake.
- Mix in food coloring to the remaining 1/2 cup of frosting.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag and trim the top or bottom edge of the cake.
- Refrigerate for about 10 mins then decorate.
Suggestions: For boys, you can buy current and classic plastic action figures. For girls, you can never go wrong with pink or yellow candy flowers and mini dolls. Or you can simply go with bright rainbow colored candies and balloon lollipops all around a pretty, white carousel. Don’t forget the candle.