Children of all ages love chocolate cake at all times and when it is their birthday, the cake just has to be special otherwise the party will not be complete. Most parents go out and find the best First Birthday Cake Recipes that they could find, as parents when our baby turns 1 year old we want it to be extra special. Here is a simple mermaid white chocolate cake recipe that you can make for your child’s first birthday.
– 600 grams white chocolate
– 400 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
– 500 ml milk
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 330 grams castor sugar
– 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– 200 grams self raising flour
– 300 grams plain flour
For the cake decorations you will need:
– 3 cups grated white chocolate
– 1 blueberry jelly packet
– 1 toy mermaid
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup chocolate shavings
– 3 jelly pipes
– For assembling this cake you will need one 19cm diameter and one 23cm diameter round cake pans.
– Grease and flour the cake pans and set aside.
– Preheat the oven to 160C.
– In a large saucepan, place the milk, white chocolate, salt, butter and sugar. Heat on low heat and stir continuously. Let the butter and chocolate melt completely until you get a smooth mix.
– Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
– Beat the eggs well and add the vanilla to the eggs.
– Add the eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mix.
– In a separate bowl, mix the flours together.
– Add the flours to the wet chocolate mixture and mix well so that there are no lumps.
– Pour the batter in the cake pans and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Insert a knife in the center and if it comes out clean the cake is done.
– You can either ice the cake immediately or freeze it to use later.
To assemble the cake:
– Prepare the blueberry jelly using 2/3 of the water as mentioned on the packet. This will keep the jelly from setting completely. Cool.
– Place the larger cake on a serving plate or cake stand.
– Make a well in the center of the smaller cake.
– Place the small cake on top of the large cake.
– Melt the white chocolate on a double boiler. Use the melted chocolate to cover the cake from all sides and let it set.
– Pour the blueberry jelly in the well. This will make the mermaid pool.