For your child’s first birthday, this chocolate cake recipe is extra special and the making of it is also extra special. After all, your child deserves only your personal best! The cake can stand alone on its own merit sans icing, frosting or filling. However, since it is a special occasion, you will need to embellish your cake with fun and cheer in the form of dainty decorations. These can readily be bought at any novelty store. You can plan your cake ahead of time by reading through the instructions below carefully. This cake has always been, without fail, a raging success; so will your child’s party with this 1st Birthday Cake Recipes. Enjoy!
– Cake flour – 2 cups
– Brown sugar – 1 cup firmly packed
– Cocoa – 1/4 cup
– Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
– Iodized salt – 1 pinch
– Medium-sized egg – 2 pieces
– All-purpose cream – 1/2 cup
– Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
– Dark semisweet chocolate – 8 oz
– Butter – 2/3 cup
– Set your oven to 350°F or approximately 177°C.
– Lightly coat a 9–inch baking pan with oil.
– Sift the first five ingredients together in a medium bowl.
– Pound the chocolate with mortar to crack into small pieces and melt on top of a double boiler.
– Add the butter to melt with the chocolate and mix together. Set aside.
– In another bowl, mix the eggs, cream and vanilla extract.
– Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
– Scrape the melted chocolate and butter towards the cake mixture and blend well.
– Bake in your oven for about 30 minutes or until the cake springs back when pressed.
– Cool the cake before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
– Make the frosting and spread over the cake.
– Embellish with your desired birthday motif ranging from toy soldiers to lollipops; it’s all up to you.
– Softened cream cheese – 1 cup
– Soft butter – 1/3 cup
– Thick cream – 1/2 cup
– Vanilla flavor – 1 teaspoon
– Confectioners’ sugar – 1 cup
– Combine the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat on low speed until smooth.
– Add the cream and vanilla flavor and increase the speed to medium.
– Gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
– Increase the mixer speed to high and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
– Spread over the cooled cake.
– Adorn with decorations to your heart’s desire and place 1 tiny candle.