Your child’s first birthday and 1st birthday cake recipes are truly special day for you and your family. They may not remember much of the day in years to come but rest assured, kids do know when it’s a special day and enjoy all the excitement. You can prepare your first birthday cake recipes in no time
The highlight of every birthday party is the cake and every kid in the world loves a chocolate cake. Therefore, chocolate cakes remain the first choice for most birthday parties. Here is a delicious chocolate cake recipe that is easy to make and guaranteed to please your toddler…and the guests.
- Cocoa powder – 1 cup
- Boiling water – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 ½ cups
- Eggs – 4
- All-purpose flour – 2 ¾ cups
- Baking soda – 2 ¼ teaspoons
- Salt – A pinch
- Vanilla extract or essence – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Mix the cocoa powder in boiling water and make sure there are no lumps.
- Mix the baking powder, flour and baking soda, and keep aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a blender.
- Once the mixture is creamy, add the eggs one by one. Beat well after each addition.
- Once the sugar is fully dissolved and the eggs are nicely beaten and slightly frothy, start adding the flour mix spoon by spoon, beating well after each addition.
- Add the cocoa mixture and fold lightly.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Grease three 9-inch baking pans.
- Divide and pour the batter into the three pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool before taking out of the pans.
Your chocolate cake is ready. Now for the wonderful frosting that kids love on their cake:
- 1 pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of half and half cream
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups of icing sugar
- Mixed fruit jam
- Piping bag
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, cream and butter.
- Take off the heat and stir in the icing sugar.
- Beat the mix until it achieves a spreading consistency. Don’t overbeat it otherwise the cream will separate and give a slightly acrid taste.
- Cut the cake in layers and spread the frosting between the layers and all over the cake.
- Put some mixed fruit jam in a piping bag and pipe over the cake in any design you like.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator to set.
You can also decorate the cake with gems and edible silver balls. Make sure that you don’t put anything in and on the cake that is difficult for the toddlers to swallow.