Sometimes, you’ll spend all day dreaming of the most beautiful, rich, decadent chocolate cake. You can’t wait to get to the grocery store to pick out the most amazing decorations, fillings, cherries for the top and everything else you can imagine. You get home, you spend hours making this wonderful cake and you enjoy eating it thoroughly. Sometimes, however, you just want to get down to business with something easy. Time is short and you can’t be bothered with any of the little extras. You just want an easy, fast and plain chocolate cake recipe and you want it now. I know what it’s like, so I’m going to share a plain chocolate cake recipe with you that I find to be one of the easiest and tastiest as well. Guaranteed to satisfy your cravings, whether it’s three in the afternoon or three in the morning.
Here’s a list of the necessary ingredients:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 2 cups of cold water
Here are the preparation instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees giving you time to get all of your ingredients together.
2. Mix the sugar, flour, salt, cocoa and baking powder. It’s not always easy to tell how well they’re blending so use the cocoa as your guide. Once the cocoa is evenly distributed it’s safe so assume that the rest of the dry ingredients are as well.
3. Add all of the wet ingredients to your mixing bowl. Mix in the vanilla, the vinegar, the oil and the cold water. Now use a mixer (Hand or electric) to combine everything together until it’s properly blended.
4. Pour this mixture into a medium sized baking pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes in your oven at 350 degrees.
6. Prepare yourself to enjoy an absolutely delicious chocolate cake.
Now, it’s 40 minutes later and you just made a classic chocolate cake recipe. The great part about this recipe is that it uses very common items that you’ll find in most kitchens. Why are you still reading this? You have your cake – now it’s business time, get to work!Pin It