You won’t need to bother with cake mix that comes in a box anymore now that you have found this homemade chocolate cake recipes that I’m about to share.
Here is a homemade chocolate cake recipe that is far beyond decent, it’s delicious. It’s also a very easy recipe to prepare, and it uses common household ingredients. Chances are you will already have most of these in your pantry and fridge, if not, you can fill in the missing pieces at most convenience stores. You can also use your favorite icing, if you would like, however I prefer this cake without any icing. The top bakes into a nice, thin crust on it’s own.
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Beat together the butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the eggs and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Now, add the vanilla and the chocolate into your large mixing bowl and continue mixing everything together until the chocolate and vanilla are evenly distributed.
4. Sift together all of the dry ingredients and add them into the large mixing bowl along with the sour cream. Add a small portion of the dry ingredients, then a small portion of the sour cream, then a small portion of the dry ingredients again, followed once more by sour cream. Continue this process until everything is mixed together.
5. It’s so important to use a beater to properly mix everything that I’m giving that it’s own step as well.
6. Pour this mixture into one large cake pan or two smaller ones.
7. Preheat your oven to 350 degree F and bake your cake batter for about 35 minutes. Start to keep an eye on it at around 25-30 minutes, and poke it with a toothpick when it looks done. If nothing sticks to the toothpick, you can remove your completed cake from the oven.
Once your cake is out of the oven, you can apply your favorite choice of frosting or just leave it as it is to sit for about 10 minutes and set. Fast forward ten minutes, it is now time to cut the cake and enjoy! Make sure you share this chocolate cake recipe with your chocolate-loving friends, too.Pin It