There is a myth that a homemade carrot cake recipe must be difficult to make, which is why many people choose to get their carrot cakes from the store. Not only is that unnecessary, it simply isn’t true—and this homemade carrot cake recipe will prove it. This is a simple-to-make cake recipe that delivers delicious results. If you have tried to make a carrot cake at home before and it did not turn out quite right, or if you haven’t had the courage to give it a try yet, now is the perfect time with this delicious yet simple cake recipe for carrot cake at home. As you can see, it uses very common household ingredients and you can have it ready in under 1 hour!
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
Here are the preparation instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Use a medium glass mixing bowl to combine the sugar and vegetable oil. Next, beat in one egg at a time and add the vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Next, combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix in the carrots.
- Pour this mixture into a lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until you can poke it with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean. That is the standard, universal test for telling if a cake recipe is finished baking yet or not.
There you have it! Enjoy your fantastic Homemade Carrot Cake Recipe and don’t forget to share some with your friends. Keep an extra copy of this cake recipe as well—you’ll certainly be sharing it! Since it only took about an hour, what are you going to do with all of your extra time?