This vegan carrot cake recipe is simply bursting with healthy beta–carotene yummy goodness! It has the basic ingredients of a carrot cake recipe with several twists and turns filled with high-fiber nutrients and wild splashes of color. The taste is sweet and mouth-watering. Children of all ages will surely enjoy this – especially if it is served with their favorite juice. Adults who are not vegetarians will also love this; and aging people will value this luscious treat not only for its healthy facet and wonderful mix of flavors, but also because it will allow them to be ‘in’ with the vegan trend. Enjoy this with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee in front of a warm fire on a swirling winter night. This also goes well with a cold glass of milk just before bedtime for growing children. It’s the best of both worlds!
– 1/4 cup of applesauce
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
– 1/2 cup of softened vegan margarine
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 1/4 cups of cake flour
– 1/4 cup of soy milk
– 1 cup of grated carrots
– 1 cup of finely chopped cashew nuts
– Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
– Grease a 9-inch square baking pan by spraying with non-stick oil.
– Combine the applesauce, vanilla, vegan margarine, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, flour and soy milk until thoroughly blended.
– Add the carrots and the cashew nuts.
– Pour the batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cake springs back once it is lightly touched.
– Allow to cool.
– Spread with Vegan Frosting.
– 1 cup of vegan margarine at room temperature
– 2 cups of vegan powdered sugar
– 2 to 3 pinches of salt
– 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
– 4 tablespoons of liquid non-dairy milk
– 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
– Cream the margarine.
– Add the vegan powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract, milk and cocoa.
– Beat at medium speed until all the ingredients are incorporated.
– Spread evenly with a spatula over the Vegan Carrot Cake.
For even more energizing good health, serve this with a tall glass of strained pure carrot juice with a stick of celery as garnish. Bon appetit!Pin It