This is not your usual bundt cake recipe. This is a red velvet bundt cake recipe, which puts a tasty twist on the classic bundt cake recipe made in a round bundt baking pan. If you don’t have a bundt pan, don’t worry about it – you can make this red velvet cake recipe in a regular baking pan or even make it into cupcakes. If you don’t have a lot of experience making cakes, don’t worry about that either – simply follow these easy directions and you’ll be amazed at how easy it was.
Here’s what you will need:
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
Here are the directions:
1) Firstly, preheat your oven to 350F. Next, lightly grease and flour your bundt pan.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, eggs, buttermilk, vinegar, food coloring and vanilla. Mix together with a beater until everything is combined.
3) In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa powder. Now, combine both bowls and mix until smooth.
4) Pour your cake batter into the bundt pan and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Once you can poke the cake with a toothpick and it comes out clean, the cake is done baking.
5) Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before removing the cake from the bundt pan. If you want to add your favorite icing on top, now is the time!
About an hour later, this delicious Red Velvet Bundt Cake Recipe will transform into a cake that is sure to delight even the pickiest of cake-eaters, no matter what the occasion is!